All on 4 Implants in Houston: Introduction
In the early 1990s, a technique for fixed oral rehabilitation was innovated by European implantologist Dr. Paulo Malo in collaboration with one of the world’s leading dental implant manufacturers, Nobel Biocare. The revolutionary technique referred to as ‘All on 4 implants’ in Houston has gone on to drastically improve the lives of tens of thousands of patients all over the world and give hope for a better future of oral health to the millions more who suffer from tooth loss and edentulism as a result of advanced periodontal (gum) disease. In this article (part 1 of 2), we will strive to answer some of the many questions that are frequently raised by patients considering All on 4 implants in Houston.
Question 1 ~ What can All on 4 implants in Houston do for me?
Answer: Quite simply, All on 4 implants in Houston provide a comprehensive, non-removable and long-term solution for patients suffering from tooth loss and edentulism (not having any of your original adult teeth left), generally as a result of advanced periodontal (gum) disease. Even patients who have been told that they are not candidates for traditional dental implant techniques are able to get a full set of teeth that function, feel and look like natural, healthy teeth. In some cases, All on 4 implants in Houston can be placed in as little as a single dental appointment of only a few hours!
Question 2 ~ What is the difference between All on 4 implants in Houston and ‘false teeth’?
Answer: The solutions provided by All on Four dental implants far exceed any of those ever supplied by traditional teeth replacement techniques, such as removable full or partial dentures (false teeth). Essentially, you will receive a fully customized prosthetic dental bridge which is permanently attached to dental implants in your mouth. As a result of this, the dental prosthesis:
- Does not apply pressure to or rub against the underlying gums, causing inflammation, discomfort and the development of sores.
- Does not require removal at nighttime or after meals for cleaning; in fact, All on 4 implants in Houston are cared for just like natural teeth, sparing you the inconvenience and social discomfort associated with removable dentures.
- Cannot fall out causing acute social embarrassment.
- All on 4 implants in Houston provide aesthetic solutions that are virtually indistinguishable from natural, healthy teeth.
- Do not cause bad breath, impede your sense of taste or trigger the gag reflex.
- Promotes good jaw bone health: When teeth fall out, the important stimulation the tooth roots provided the bone in the jaw is also lost. As a result, this hard tissue atrophies. It is the loss of a significant amount of bone volume that gives edentulous people an aged and sunken appearance about the mouth. All on 4 implants in Houston function like tooth roots and so provide the jaw with the stimulation it needs to remain healthy; effectively preventing further bone loss.