This four-part article series provides comprehensive answers to all the questions frequently asked about the All-on-4 dental implant protocol for complete oral rehabilitation.
In the first two installments of this four part series on All on 4 dental implants, we addressed some of the questions patients frequently ask about this innovative protocol for complete oral rehabilitation. Some of these questions included: “What are All on 4 dental implants in Houston?”, “Why is this protocol considered to be a breakthrough in modern dental science?” and “What is the procedure involved in their surgical placement?” In this, the third article of the series, experienced and qualified implant dentist Dr. Wayne Brueggen, who is also the founder and CEO of the Brueggen Dental Implant Center in Houston, will continue answering your very important questions about a fantastic and long-term solution to rampant tooth loss.
FAQ # 6: Does it hurt to receive All on 4 dental implants in Houston?
Answer: One of the most unfortunate misconceptions surrounding dental implants is that they are extremely painful to have placed, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth! First and foremost, the surgical component of All on 4 dental implants in Houston is carried out under general anesthesia, so you won’t feel a thing. Post-operative pain is minimal; in fact, the majority of our patients don’t even require prescription analgesic medication. This has much to do with the advanced technology supporting modern surgical protocol.
The use of X-ray, CAT scan and sophisticated computer imaging software in the planning of the surgery for All on 4 dental implants in Houston enable implant dentists to visualize the structure of the jaw bone in exceptional detail. This in turn allows Dr. Brueggen to perform the procedure using as few incisions and sutures as possible, which is generally the main source of post-operative pain and discomfort. So, with a surgery that is as minimally invasive as possible, patients really need not worry about All on 4 dental implants in Houston being painful!
Answer: Removable dentures may come with a lower initial price tag than All on 4 dental implants in Houston, but in the long term, their endless challenges and repeated expenses add up. And what you might save in money today, you pay for in comfort, convenience and quality of life over the ensuing years and decades. The irony here is that people who opt for dentures frequently end up requiring All on 4 dental implants in Houston anyway as a result of advanced bone loss in the jaw; something caused by tooth loss gone untreated! Other benefits and advantages of All on 4 dental implants in Houston include:
- They are permanent and non-removable teeth, which mean that they are cleaned just like natural teeth.
- They don’t require removal after meals for cleaning, or at nighttime.
- Unlike removable dentures, All on 4 dental implants in Houston do not compromise taste or your ability to sense hot and cold.
- They do not trigger the gag reflex.
- You won’t need to constantly invest in denture products, such as anesthetic gels or sticky, messy adhesives.
- All on 4 dental implants in Houston reap all the support from the underlying jaw bone, just like natural teeth. As a result, when eating and speaking, they don’t cause any pain, inflammation or damage to the gums.
- They enable you to bite down with a natural force, which means that you can eat all the foods you love without discrimination.
- All on 4 dental implants in Houston prevent the deterioration of bone volume in the jaw. As a result, they don’t require expensive refitting every few years or so.Looked after properly, All on 4 dental implants in Houston can last several decades without the need for restoration or replacement!
For more frequently asked questions on All on 4 dental implants in Houston, stay tuned for the third installment of this four-part article series, courtesy of Dr. Wayne Brueggen, a qualified and experienced implant dentist who has been serving Houston for over 30 years.