All on 4 Dental Implants in Houston: Recovery
There is unfortunately quite a common misconception surrounding dental implants: that it is exceptionally painful to have them placed. In reality, however, nothing could be further from the truth. While there is a degree of discomfort following the placement of All on 4 dental implants in Houston, this is easily managed with prescription analgesics or pain-killers and in any case subsides after a few days. In fact, the post-operative pain associated with All on 4 dental implants in Houston is less than that of having a tooth extracted, so patients should not allow a concern for discomfort to come in the way of them seeking oral rehabilitation.
All the instructions you are expected to follow will be fully reviewed by your dentist on the day of your surgery, before you go home. Generally, post-operative recovery is minimal with many patients actually returning to work the very next day! The guidelines for care are as follows:
- Avoid eating any hard or crunchy foods for the first few weeks,
- Avoid habits such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption; this compromises healing and can actually lead to the failure of All on 4 dental implants in Houston,
- Follow the prescribed dosages for analgesics in the management of post-operative pain and discomfort,
- Get plenty of rest and eat a balanced diet; this will enhance your body’s ability to heal faster,
- Look after your new teeth as you would your original natural teeth; this includes twice daily brushing (for two minutes at a time), daily flossing and gargling with an anti-bacterial mouthwash.
A Final Note on All on 4 Dental Implants in Houston
This breakthrough procedure provides an immediate functional, aesthetic and comfortable solution to edentulism and near-edentulism. Don’t compromise your quality of life by settling for inferior tooth replacement technology. All on 4 dental implants in Houston offers a comprehensive and long-term solution!