FAQ # 1: What are Houston dental implants?
Houston dental implants are tiny screws or fixtures that, once placed at the site/s of the missing tooth or teeth, are used to support an artificial tooth crown. The base component of the implant is fabricated from titanium; an exceptionally strong, non-corrodible and lightweight metal. Titanium also has the very unique ability to form a strong biological bond with bone tissue, which essentially enables Houston dental implants to function as non-removable and long term replacements for missing teeth. Of course, once placed by an implant dentist, such as Dr. Wayne Brueggen, the titanium fixture is not visible above the gum line. An artificial tooth crown is custom fabricated from high quality and durable ceramic material to take the place, in function and aesthetics, of the missing tooth.
FAQ # 2: What are the benefits of Houston dental implants?
Houston dental implant offer patients a variety of benefits and advantages over traditional tooth replacement technology:
- They are virtually indistinguishable from any natural healthy tooth and so provide a perfect cosmetic solution to missing teeth.
- Houston dental implants enable patients to bite down with a natural force, thus allowing them to eat all the foods they love without discrimination.
- If placed by a qualified and experienced implant dentist, such as Dr. Wayne Brueggen – and cared for properly – Houston dental implants can last decades without the need for restoration.
- They are cared for just like your natural teeth; with regular brushing and flossing.
- Houston dental implants provide a tooth replacement solution that feels just like natural teeth. They don’t cause any discomfort or irritation in the mouth, nor do they cause self-consciousness.
Houston dental implants are carefully fabricated to be virtually indistinguishable from natural healthy teeth. The ceramic crown can even be customized to match the color of the rest of your teeth so that it doesn’t stand out. So, from an aesthetic point of view, you will not be able to tell the difference between Houston dental implants and your natural teeth. Moreover, because they replace the entire missing tooth – from the root to the crown – eating and speaking feels completely natural, sparing patients the self-consciousness typically associated with traditional teeth replacement technologies, such as dental bridges or removable dentures.
Houston Dental Implants: Stay Tuned!
For more frequently asked questions on Houston dental implants, stay tuned for the second installment of this four-part article series.