This four-part article series takes an in-depth look at All-on-Four dental implants, what they are and the various benefits they offer over removable dentures and traditional dental implant protocols.
Welcome to the final installment of this four-part article series on All on Four dental implants in Houston. We have spent much of these articles discussing how this surgical protocol works and its numerous benefits and advantages over removable dentures, as well as traditional dental implant techniques. In this article, the final installment of the series, we shall address patients’ frequently asked questions and expressed concerns. Armed with this information, it is hoped that you will all have a much better understanding of what to expect from the procedure and how your decision to receive All on Four dental implants in Houston is in the best interests of your long term oral health and quality of life!
FAQ: What is the success rate of All on Four dental implants in Houston?
Answer: Scientific, peer-reviewed articles have shown that All on Four dental implants in Houston have a 97.0% to 98.0% success rate when placed in the upper arch and a 98.2% success rate when placed in the lower arch. Of course, success rates also vary from dentists to dentist. Make sure you opt for a highly qualified and experienced implant dentist. When it comes to the placement of All on Four dental implants in Houston, education is second only to experience!
FAQ: Who is the ideal candidate for All on Four dental implants in Houston?
Answer: All on Four dental implants in Houston are ideally recommended for patients who are currently wearing dentures or will, sometime in the near future, require dentures to be fitted. The ideal candidate, although edentulous (not having a single original adult tooth left) or near-edentulous, will also be in good health and present with little deterioration of jaw bone health and volume.
The best way to find out whether you are a candidate for All on Four dental implants in Houston is to contact a qualified and experienced implant dentist and book yourself a consultation. It is important to note that even patients presenting with advanced jaw bone atrophication have managed to have a new set of teeth placed; regardless of age too!
FAQ: Where are the replacement teeth for All on Four dental implants in Houston made?
Answer: The prosthetic dental bridge affixed to the abutments of All on Four dental implants in Houston is fabricated in a laboratory, which, in the case of advanced dental implant centers, is generally located on-site. They are custom-built from molds taken of a patient’s teeth and gums.
FAQ: What can I expect from the procedure required to place All on Four dental implants in Houston?
Answer: Every patient has a different experience when undergoing oral rehabilitation. In general, however, the guidelines provided for the placement of All on Four dental implants in Houston are as follows:
• Prior to surgery, patients are required to come for between one and two consultations during which you will receive a comprehensive clinical examination. Your medical history will also be taken down and preparatory procedures performed, such as X-ray imaging and impressions.
• The surgery can almost always be completed in a few hours. You will have any remaining teeth extracted, the dental implants placed and a temporary dental bridge placed; all in the space of one day.
• After the placement of your All on Four dental implants in Houston, you will be required to return for (usually) two post-op visits to make sure your new teeth are healing nicely.
• You will be required to come for a consultation approximately four months after surgery to have new molds of your teeth taken in order to facilitate in the fabrication of your permanent dental bridge.
• Six months after the placement of your All on Four dental implants in Houston, you will have your permanent dental bridge permanently placed in your mouth.